There’s nothing scarier than a boring party.
That’s why Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits, the largest North American wine and spirits distribution company, has asked its mixologists to come up with their most creative and creepy cocktail recipes for Halloween house parties. From goblin goblets and poisoned apple martinis to blood orange margaritas and cannibal corpse revivals, these recipes are sure to help consumers raise their spirits this Halloween.
▪ 1.5 ounces of vanilla vodka.
▪ 1.5 ounces of dark crème de cacao.
▪ Two ounces of pumpkin puree.
▪ One ounce cream.
Shake the cream and pumpkin puree over ice to combine. Pour in remaining ingredients and shake well. Strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish: Rim cocktail glass with graham cracker crumbs.
▪ 1.5 ounces of Navy Strength gin.
▪ Half an ounce fresh lemon juice.
▪ Half an ounce simple syrup.
▪ Four dashes of Pear Eau de Vie.
▪ One teaspoon Fernet Liqueur.
Shake the ingredients over ice and strain into collins glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish: Top with chilled Prosecco and garnish with a half-lemon wheel in the glass. Serve with a straw.
▪ 1.25 ounces of aged rum.
▪ Three-quarters of an ounce pumpkin pie cream liqueur or pumpkin spice liqueur.
▪ Half an ounce vanilla liqueur.
Shake the ingredients with ice, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Floater: Heavy cream-spice mix. Twelve ounces of heavy cream shaken with three ounces of chai syrup. Shake without ice until fluffy, but must not be whipped. Keep refrigerated after use. Garnish: Sprinkle of edible pumpkin crystals.
▪ 1.5 ounces of vodka.
▪ One ounce of simple syrup.
▪ Half an ounce of fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
▪ Half an ounce of carrot juice.
▪ Top with bitter lemon soda.
▪ Two dashes Angostura bitters.
Shake all the ingredients with ice, strain. Garnish: Lemon wheel.
Michael Przydzial, Beverage Program Specialist, Nevada
▪ 1.5 ounces of vodka.
▪ Half an ounce of melon liqueur.
▪ Half an ounce of unfiltered apple juice.
▪ Half an ounce fresh lime juice.
▪ Half an ounce of simple syrup.
Combine all the ingredients in mixing glass/tin; shake/strain into martini glass. Garnish: Halloween inspired candies.
▪ Two ounces of bourbon.
▪ Half an ounce of housemade pumpkin spice syrup*.
▪ Half an orange wheel.
▪ Maraschino cherries.
Muddle orange, cherry and pumpkin spice. Add bourbon and ice. Stir. Strain into an ice filled old fashioned glass. Garnish: Candied orange slice and a cherry.
*Housemade pumpkin spice syrup: One cup sugar, one cup water, one tablespoon pumpkin pie spice. Add pumpkin pie spice to sugar. Add hot water, stir until dissolved. Let cool.
▪ Two ounces Blanco tequila.
▪ Three-quarters of an ounce fresh lime juice.
▪ Half an ounce of orange liqueur.
▪ Half an ounce blood orange liqueur; may use blood orange puree or juice instead. Must play with recipe if you use either of these as the sugar content can be high. If using liqueur, quarter ounces of agave nectar for more sweetness. Garnish: Thin lime wheel.
Shake hard all the ingredients and strain.
Dead man walking
▪ 1.5 ounces of bourbon.
▪ One ounce cloudy apple juice.
▪ Three-quarters of an ounce of lemon juice.
▪ Half an ounce apple spiced syrup.
▪ One to two ounces of ginger beer.
Shake and strain over fresh ice in a tall glass, add ginger beer, stir. Garnish: Lemon and nutmeg garnish.