The Marathon City Council is expected to move forward with the search for a new city manager July 14, with each councilman bringing his top five picks from an applicant pool of 31 so far.
The deadline to apply is June 30.
The search to fill the top spot at City Hall came in mid-April, when City Manager Mike Puto said Dec. 31 will be his last day on the job, or sooner if a successor is chosen before then.
Here's who has applied so far:
- Scott Albert, city manager for Celina, Texas, from 2002 to 2007. Albert lives in Richardson, Texas, and holds a master's degree in public affairs from the University of Texas at Dallas.
- Calvin Anderson, a chief audit executive in Coconut Creek since 2014. Anderson holds a master's in public affairs from Long Island University.
- David Bennett, a former journalist who served as a senior advisor to the mayor of Atlanta from 2010 to 2015. Bennett lives in Decatur, Ga., and holds a bachelor's degree in journalism from Georgia State University.
- Anthony Carson, city manager of Painesville, Ohio. Carson lives in Painesville and holds a master's in public administration from Valdosta State University.
- Michael Czymbor, city manager of Palatka from 2012 to February. Czymbor lives in Fernandina Beach and holds a master's in public administration from Bowling Green State University.
- Alan Dodd, commander of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Jacksonville since June 2012. Dodd has a master's in strategic studies and national strategy from the U.S. Army War College.
- George Ducas, a construction manager and real estate developer in Irving, Texas. Ducas holds a master's in engineering from California Polytechnic State University.
- Robert Francis Jr., city manager of Hood River, Ore. Francis holds a master's in public administration from Troy State University.
- Ade Fuqua, chief of staff for the managing director and deputy managing director for Philadelphia since 2014. Fuqua holds a bachelor's degree in health, policy and administration from Pennsylvania State University.
- C.J. Geotis, deputy city manager for Marathon from 2005 to 2009. Geotis lives in Marathon and holds a master's in organizational management for the University of Phoenix.
- Joseph Gerrity Jr., city manager of Fernandina Beach since 2012. Gerrity holds a bachelor's in political science from the University of North Florida.
- Zee Gilbert, president of the Spring Creek Association in Spring Creek, Nev. Gilbert holds a master's in public administration from the University of Colorado.
- Catherine Harding, community development director for Tequesta from 2005 to 2010. Harding lives in Tequesta and holds a master's in corporate communications from Fairleigh Dickinson University.
- Michael Johansson, commanding officer of naval support activity in Hampton Roads, Va., from 2012 to April. Johansson lives in Norfolk, Va., and holds a master's in public administration from Old Dominion University.
- Robert Kellogg, town manager in Sewall's Point. Kellogg holds a bachelor's in political science from Kent State University.
- Donald Kraher, assistant city manager for De Soto, Mo., since 2013. Kraher degree the Saint Louis University School of Law.
- Ricardo Mendez, chief operating officer for Harrisburg, Pa., from 2012 to 2013. He lives in Miami and holds a master's in business administration from the University of Miami.
- Michael Moore, town manager for Surf City, N.C., from 2002 to 2013. Moore lives in Surf City and holds a master's in community development from the University of Louisville.
- Jim Pascale, administrator for Princeton Township, N.J., from 1983 to 2012. Pascale lives in Hopewell, N.J., and holds a master's in public administration from Rutgers University.
- Carlo Pilgrim, city manager for Holbrook, Ariz., from 2008 to 2009. Pilgrim lives in Wilmington, Va., and holds a master's in business administration from Chaminade University in Honolulu.
- Robert Ratliff, law director for the city of Bucyrus, Ohio, since 2013. Ratliff holds a law lives in Bucyrus and holds a law degree from the University of Cincinnati.
- Brian Redshaw, city administrator of Sergeant Bluff, Iowa. Redshaw holds a master's in public administration from the University of South Dakota.
- Hector Rivera, assistant city manager in Cape Coral from 2007 to 2008. Rivera lives in Palm City and holds a master's in public administration from the University of Hartford.
- Kenneth Stanley, chief of police in University Heights, Iowa. Stanley lives in Coralville, Iowa, and holds a bachelor's in public administration from the University of San Francisco.
- Michael Stavres, director of community services for Winter Haven since 2006. Stavres holds a master's in recreation & leisure activity from Florida State University.
- Harry Still, a lawyer with his own practice in Fairhope, Ala., since 2011. Still holds a law degree from Birmingham School of Law.
- Randy Swank, president of RTS Environmental Services in Miami. Swank lives in Key Largo and holds a bachelor's in business management from Indiana Institute of Technology.
- Darin Thorn, supervising engineer for the New Jersey Department of Transportation since 2014. Thorn lives in Evesham, N.J., and holds a master's in engineering management from Rowan University.
- Kris Tucker, executive director of economic development for Vistas Equities in Nashua, N.H., since 2001. Tucker holds a master's in resource administration from the University of New Hampshire.
- Paul Turner, treasury director for Gwinnett County, Ga. Turner lives in Alpharetta, Ga., and holds a bachelor's in accounting from the University of South Florida.
- Clif Wilkinson Jr., manager of Stephens County, Ga., from 1996 to 2000. Wilkinson lives in Milledgeville, Ga.