Multiple burglaries and attempted burglaries to businesses on Stock Island were reported to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office the past two days.
- At Hansen and Bringle Cabinets on 2nd Avenue, the owner arrived at work at 3:20 a.m. Monday to find a window broken, a cabinet pried open and a shed broken into.
- At the El Mocho Restaurant on Maloney Avenue, the owner arrived at work at 6 a.m. Monday to find the cash register tampered with and cash gone.
- At CBT Construction, the owners reported someone broke into their trailer, which was parked on property on Avenue A they were working on, and stole tools and equipment.
- At S & V Hardware on Maloney, Deputy Matt Dowling was on patrol at 6:20 a.m. Sunday when he checked the property and found someone tried to pry open the side door of the business. There was considerable damage to the door and the lock that secures it. A shed on the property that belongs to someone else also showed damage from someone trying to force the door.
- At Standard Marine Supply on 1st Avenue, the owner arrived at work Sunday afternoon to find someone smashed a window at the rear of the business.