Tickets are selling rapidly for the Jan. 30 Salt Water Sportsman National Seminar Series program at Coral Shores High School in Tavernier.
The event, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., is headlined by George Poveromo, host of "George Poveromo's World of Saltwater Fishing" on the NBC Sports Network and a contributing editor for Salt Water Sportsman, and ichthyologist Ray Waldner from Palm Beach.
- Capt. Nick Stanczyk, Islamorada captain who helped pioneer day swordfishing off South Florida aboard his charter boat B&M.
- Capt. Tony DeLosSantos, a Key Largo backcountry guide with his Lyin' Hawaiian Charters.
- Capt. Kevin Jeffries, a Key Largo reef and offshore pro who excels at fishing for cubera snapper.
- Capt. Joe Gonzalez, a flats and backcountry guide who specializes in fishing the Upper Keys and Flamingo with Funnybone Charters.
- Capt. Lee Lavery, a Key Largo reef, deep drop and offshore fishing pro.
- Capt. Jimmy Gagliardini, a Marathon-based authority on fishing the bridges, reefs and offshore aboard his High Caliber Fishing Charters.
- Capt. Ariel Medero, a Marathon-based wreck and offshore fishing authority with his Big Game Sportfishing Charters.
- Captain Brice Barr, a Key West-based offshore fishing specialist with Double Down Sportfishing.
- Diego Toiran, a Lower Keys and Key West guide who specializes in catching yellowtail and mutton snappers with Reel Smoker Charters.
- Capt. Marcus Williams, a Big Pine Key tarpon, reef and offshore guide with Hot Rod Fishing Charters.
- Capt. David Wicker, who excels at nearshore bottom fishing and marine electronics.
- Harry Vernon III, a Miami-based authority on live-baiting for pelagics and bottom fish.
This is the 29th year of the seminar series. Each session in the Tavernier program is backed by videos and demonstrations.
Cost is $55, which covers five hours of instruction, a textbook, a one-year subscription or extension to Salt Water Sportsman, one Roffer's Ocean Fishing Forecast Analysis, a bottle of OrPine Wash & Wax, a bottle of Star Tron fuel treatment, a bottle of Star Brite Xtreme Clean and a bottle of Corrosion Block.
There is also an after-party Islamorada Fish Co. with complimentary food, beverages and live music. Each seminar attendee can bring one guest regardless if he she attended the seminar.
To register, call (800) 448-7360 or go to www.nationalseminarseries.com.